Tuesday 3 April 2012

Macchiato Monday

Good evening!
There is a particular reason why I write today: It is the 20th Macchiato Monday! You are probably wondering what the hell a Macchiato Monday is now, therefore I am going to explain it to you:
When my alarm clock rang in the early morning of the first day after the autumn holiday last year, I was kind of too keen to do well, although I usually hate Mondays because of the fact that they are the beginning of another week characterized by seemingly endless and boring hours spent at school. (You see, I am definitely not a fan of school.) However, I got out of bed highly motivated and was like: "Today is MIKA Monday, woo!", until I thought about that this would mean I had to listen to MIKA and only MIKA every single Monday, what would have been nearly impossible for me as there are times when I cannot live without listening to Hurts, for example, over and over a day. So I decided to search for another word that was proper for using it as a motto and the idea was not long in coming: The Macchiato Monday was born! But why of all things Macchiato Monday? Well, that is easy: When I discovered Starbucks a few years ago, it was like love at first sight. And after tasting the Caramel Macchiato that is offered there, I was even more delighted with Starbucks, that is why I try to go there as often as possible, in other words (almost) every Monday from that Monday on. Of course I do not always drink a Caramel Macchiato, but it is still one of my favourite beverages at Starbucks and, at least as far as I remember, even the first one I drank there.
By the way, I take a photo of what I order each time, so here is today's shot:
And now I hope you liked this post plus I could possibly even convert you to try doing something like a Macchiato Monday once in a while!

Good night and see you soon! Jacky x






No comments:

Post a Comment