Thursday 24 July 2014

Fashion Statement: Pineapple Power!

Hello again!
Seeing as I just recently went on a shopping spree in a few factory outlets of some of my favourite clothing brands, I felt like posting about one of the pieces I bought, simply because although I have not come to wear it yet I already consider it my new favourite in the matter of garments - especially for summery weather like we are currently blessed with in Germany.
I honestly would not view myself as miserly, nevertheless I am indeed a passionate bargain hunter and therefore of course even more content when actually finding a real treasure that is on special offer, respectively has been carried into a factory outlet due to a lack of people having explored its true beauty beforehand. It does, however, require a certain sense of visual filtration in order to detect such precious pieces since they easily get lost in the mass of clothes and are thus often overlooked if one does not waste a lot of time going through each and every garment. Well, that surely varies from shop to shop but it is the case all too frequent.
Anyway, back to the original reason for this post: my new skirt! It is a rather short, pleated skirt that sits on the upper waist and ends a few centimetres above the knees. I would describe its basic colour as midnight-blue and the uniform pattern in the shape of tiny pineapples covering it as bold red, which creates a great contrast in my opinion. Why don't you just take a look at it yourself, though? VoilĂ :
It goes along perfectly with a simple red top or a white blouse, for instance. (The latter would probably give the whole look a more vintage touch in a way.)
I seriously cannot stress enough how much I love those tiny pineapples - not because I am particularly fond of a pineapple's taste, but rather because it is such an extraordinary idea for a pattern of cloth and has therefore something fresh even though it appears antiquated.
Furthermore tiny objects as well as the graphics of objects remarkably smaller than they usually are solely make my heart beat faster due to an overload of cuteness. I guess I cannot be blamed for that, can I?
Now, I hope you kind of enjoyed reading this little fashion statement and are similarly excited about my new purchase as I am. *Grin.*

Jacky x

No comments:

Post a Comment