Saturday 2 August 2014

An Extraordinary Encounter

Hi peeps,
yesterday I was lucky enough to be witness of an occurrence that I would describe as both frightening and fascinating in a way that was, at any rate, other than common, respectively pretty unique.
It was around noon when I casually lazed about in front of the TV, watching some repetitions of one of my favourite, well known serials How I Met Your Mother, until a strange noise caught my attention. It sounded like a soft, yet quite loud tapping that kept recurring at random intervals and varying volume, guiding my eyes to our dog first, who silently lay in her basket, though.
All of a sudden, I noticed a fast moving object in my angle of view, hastily looked up to figure out there was an insanely huge dragonfly trying to make its way out by constantly flying against the windows and wall.
Being hysteric as I am, I immediately jumped off the sofa and ran, partly screaming, out to the balcony in order to avoid getting in physical touch with the creature at all. Realising at last that in spite of its monstrous size it did not pose any danger for me and merely wanted to return to its natural habitat, I got close enough to swiftly open the window on whose frame it had finally decided to rest, so that it eventually managed to escape.
However, convinced that most likely no one would believe me how absurdly big it actually was, I had grabbed my camera to take some quick shots before freeing it.
Thanks to my camera's great zoom I did not even have to get all too near to take a few satisfactory close-ups.
By the way, perhaps not exactly the same, but at least a very similar exemplar crossed my path a further time as I went for a walk with our dog in the woods later that day. That only made me chuckle seeing as I had really freaked out previously.

I hope reading about my encounter of a slightly different kind brought a smile to your face as well and you are enjoying the weekend!

Jacky x

No comments:

Post a Comment